Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Halloween!

As expected, I was the only person dressed up in my office this year. It seemed to put everyone is the holiday spirit, though! I made Pumpkin Choco-Chip Muffins. I saw the recipe on Tuna Toast and tried it out about a year ago with moderate success (I thought they were great). This time they were gone in five minutes. I really should have taken a picture of them, but it all happened so fast! At least I had enough batter left at home to make a few at the end of the day.


Omar surprised me with a homemade Halloween window decoration after work. (He got the idea from my Martha Stewart magazine!)


It looked very cool lit up in the dark, the picture doesn't do it justice.


I was too tired, but Omar was dying to carve pumpkins.


He wanted to make a mean-looking one.


I was busy with my Re-ment PuchiHousing, which had just arrived! The door and window really open and close! It was a lot bigger that I though it would be. I was expecting shoe-box size.




My Blythe can't really stand up inside it, but as soon as I get some furniture, she should be sitting pretty.



We needed something to warm us up on such a chilly night, so I made Applesauce Cornbread, which was just ok, and Two Cheese Chicken Chowder, which was amazing.


There were tons of leftovers, too. Guess what I'm having for lunch?

2 comments:

karrie said...

Ooooh... i can't wait to see how your puchi house turns out.

BTW, I recently discovered that they have this and some other rement at the Ark Toy store on 4th street in Berkeley if you want more.

s.j.simon said...

lol. did you know that chocolate was banned in switzerland for many years. read this